Ways you may illogically think of other people? We are all judgmental in our own right and what I am about to write, I'm sure many of us can relate to it....
How many times have you come across a random stranger and just because of how they talk/dress/act, you begin to jump to conclusions about their backgrounds and history?
A lot of times we can chalk our views to stereotypes such as a blonde being not so intelligent or a black person and being ghetto (I know this one pertains to me and a lot of ghetto-looking/sounding individuals I've come into contact with).
Many times I've thought of strangers badly because of how they seem as I'm from the outside looking in, and then I get a big slap in the face (figuratively) when after some conversation/small talk I realize that my initial perception was completely wrong!!!!
I've learned and I know it is not my place to make assumptions about people without speaking to them at least a little and I hate when this happens because sometimes I JUST CAN'T TURN IT OFF!!!
I agree first impressions ARE everything. If you mess up on your first impression, you sometimes lose the whole thing. Some people are lucky, they mess up on their first impression and still make the cut.
ReplyDelete