Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Post 11- Logical Fallacies

A lot of people find that they prefer a certain news station not because of how interesting the anchor is but how much information is given about the subject or something along those lines. Sometimes I may be in conversation with someone and they point out something about the topic that I never knew and I'm thinking "Wait, I saw this on the news, they didn't mention that part". This stands to point out that you must research for yourself so you can get all there is to know, yourself. There are a few logical fallacies used in politics they include ad hominem which is kind of like slander campaigns, argument from authority where celebrities or influential individuals endorse something, and the disregarded middle when the focus is placed only on big events rather than all the other smaller things that occurred (I think this one relates most to media).

No comments:

Post a Comment