Friday, October 31, 2014

Post 9- Finding a Thesis

A thesis isn't always easy to find, I'd say 50/50. Your thesis is usually just one sentence in your introductory paragraph that describes the main topic of what you will be speaking about in your essay,or basically the "why?" to your topic I suppose. It's like the main idea, but unlike the main idea you usually can't find it in the first sentence of the paragraph. Sometimes the thesis may list your speaking points for the article as well, like a small sneak peak. A lot of times when we are required to have a thesis in our papers for a grade the thesis is harder to write because you put a lot of focus and thought on it, but sometimes when you just write freely it just comes to you. When you know what to look for a thesis is easier to spot, but when you don't you will get lost.

3 comments:

  1. Yvonne finding a thesis was very tough for me as well. I think I understand the concept but putting things into writing format is my weakness. For the students who has not attended school in a while, teachers should work with their students until they get an understanding of how to write a thesis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia is absolutely right, Im so disappointed with my grade on my biblio. I put tons of efforts to give the professor a nice essay and seeing an F isn't a good feeling. However, practice is the mother of skill .lets keep trying girls.. YES WE CAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is indeed a thesis, the states your business kind of a sentence. My thesis is a preview of what is about to happen in my paper.

    ReplyDelete