Thursday, October 30, 2014

Post 8- What If?

Sometimes you may be dazed and just ask yourself the most thought-provoking question that  you've had in a while. The question that spins through my head every now and again is "What if we never learned the color blue as blue, but instead we called it yellow?" This topic came up in my psychology class a while back I think and it's always stuck with me. What if in growing up we didn't know the color pink as pink, but instead we knew it as brown; or maybe a bear isn't named bear but something different. Something like this can change ones whole perspective. Think about those who are color blind and only see things in shades ranging from black and grey to white...

2 comments:

  1. What if? We would probably have gottten used to those colors and ways of describing an animal or color especially if that is all we know as we do with the names and colors they are referenced as today. But what if you were color blind? It is so sad and I feel so bad that they are not able to see beauty and the world as we see it. I feel even worse for those who have no vision and cannot see an animal such as a bear or the color pink at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I constantly have the same thoughts as well. Or, sometimes I think; what if we didn't know that stars were stars, or what would happen if we named the stars cows? Those questions will have me thinking for more then an hour.

    ReplyDelete