Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What I learned in English 2

In english class I've learned to open up my mind and deeply analyzed on how to interpret poems, short stories and also understanding how to use figurative language: symbolism, metaphor, simile, hyperbole,etc.

6 comments:

  1. The beginning of the semester, we learned about critical reading and thinking in literature. If one did not grasp this concept; then one would be totally lost since the entire premise of literature requires critical reading and critical thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interpreting literature does in fact help us to open are minds. I personally think it is a great way to develop are problem solving skills. Furthermore, we gain perspective on how others view the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Yvonne, I learned a lot about poems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned the same although, I am a little lost in some areas. I have learned that it is pretty hard to follow along with some of these poems and truly understand what the poet is saying. Many meaning to be interpreted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned the same. I was so scared to over interpret the meaning of what the poems were stating, to later find out the everyone actually analyzes poems differently. There are many ways to view them. There realy is no wrong answer. Glad to have learned these lessons. Take care friend:-) and best if luck in your journey!! See you around and I pray we have more classes together in the future!

    ReplyDelete