Tuesday, April 30, 2013
The Things I Carried
The things I carried, my pocketbook that is filled with lots of junk that at times weighs heavily on my shoulders, inside are consumed with many things, some credit cards, a check book and a few dollars just in case or perhaps for some shopping along with other unnamed things. But this cannot outweighs the missing piece of my child being away from home, is one of the main things I carried, I wonder how he's doing, I prayed that he's O.K., and hope that he makes the right decisions as he goes through the journey of his chosen career. I'm proud to be the mother of a sailor. The safety of my children is a great deal to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can relate, as mother we never stop worrying about children. The one thing though we have to do is accept the path they have chosen as young adults. We just have to believe in the values we have thought them and pray that they make the right choices, and if by chance they don't, offer support just the same.
ReplyDelete